Sunday, August 29, 2010

Absence....

What a beautiful weekend. The weather, the atmosphere, the friends, the family. I love my life. I feel so blessed right now that I have the ability to enjoy what matters most to me. Thank you Jesus. Friday Joe left for Michigan and Soren and I hung out the rest of the day and took Cayman for a long walk. I had to work so Goo went by Gma V for the evening. Saturday morning Goo went by Gma P and stayed all day. I cleaned the house from top to bottom, it was wonderful. I went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner and visited with them for a while. They thoroughly enjoyed their Grandson, who is now 8 MONTHS OLD by the way. It was a great evening. I wanted to blog last night but our shared internet wasn't working. That needs to change. We don't have a TV, and I'm fine with that - I love it... but the internet... I can't live without. Ooh, did I just say that? Maybe we'll have to give it a try. I bet I would get a lot more done around the house! Saturday night I just watched my baby sleep and headed to bed early for once. That never happens. Joe and I always say we're going to go to bed early but we end up sitting up talking until the wee hours of the morning. We can sleep when we're dead, right? This morning I got up and walked to the gas station with Goo to get a press and a coffee. It was hot. I wore a sweatshirt. Dumb. It was a beautiful walk, though! It was so quiet. Everything was so still. I need to do that more often. Especially since our coffee maker is broken. Now I'm at Mom and Dad's again. We just had dinner and Soren is having a super snuggle with Gpa. I was going to try and write something profound and super intellectual tonight, but now I'm just not feelin' it. I have to pick Joe up at the car ferry at 11:30, so I think I'm gonna head home and take a shower and see how far I get on the NY Times crossword. It's true what they say, absence does make the heart grow fonder. I can't wait for my Joey to come home. God bless until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment